Our vision is to provide a humane and compassionate future for every animal.
To improve the health and welfare of Oconee County residents by providing animals with vital support through adoption, rescue, spay/neuter, wellness, advocacy and other education programs.
Both the Oconee County Sheriff’s Department Animal Control Unit and the Oconee Humane Society are based at the Oconee Animal Shelter. Animal Control has the responsibility for overseeing the operations at the shelter, including vaccinating and caring for the animals. They respond to animal issues and complaints in the community. The Oconee Humane Society is responsible for the adoption and spay/neuter programs.
Board of Directors
Paul Black, President
Lynn Fayard, Vice President
Lisa MacInnis, Secretary
Dianne Sosnowski, Director
Angel Newman, Director
Kristin Morriss, Director
Bob Hoover, Director
Byron Oswald, Director
Bonnie Eisenbies, Director
Janet Barwick, Director Emeritus
Carole Ritter, Director Emeritus
Randy VanSurdam, Director Emeritus
- Donations: Angel Newman, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Questions about Available Dogs for Adoption: Lynn Fayard, email@example.com
- Questions about Available Cats for Adoption: Shelley Terrell, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Information or help with Community Cats: Chris Piper, email@example.com
- Volunteer Coordinator/Community Events: Kris Morriss, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spay/Neuter Programs: email@example.com
- Humane Education: Dianne Sosnowski, firstname.lastname@example.org
- General Information: email@example.com