How do you adopt one of these precious pets?
- Dogs and Puppies: $85 (unless otherwise noted)
- Cats and Kittens: $75 (unless otherwise noted)
What is included in the adoption fee?
- Testing – All dogs 6 months and older are tested for Heartworms
- Dogs (Rabies, Da2PPV, and Bordetella)
- Cats (Rabies & Fel-O-Vax IV + CalciVax)
- Dogs (Flea and Tick preventative + Heartworm preventative)
- Cats (Flea, Tick and Mite preventative)
What is the procedure to adopt a dog or cat?
- You must be 18 years old to adopt a pet.
- Check out the photos and descriptions of available dogs and cats to help narrow your search. Once arriving at the Adoption Center, we have areas for you to interact and get to know the pets.
- If you have a dog currently, we generally require a “meet and greet” with the existing and new pet to ensure compatibility.
- If you rent your residence, please have your landlord’s name and phone number.
- You will be asked to provide the name and phone number of your preferred veterinary practice.
- Once your adoption application is approved, you will need to sign a contract confirming the truth of the information you’ve provided and your promise to provide proper care for your pet. This contract is between you and Oconee County Animal Control. OHS acts as their liaison for adoptions.
- If, for any reason, the adoption does not work out, pets should be returned to Oconee County Animal Control through their intake process. There are no refunds for returned adoptions.
- Adoption fees are payable to Oconee Humane Society. OHS accepts Cash, Check, Credit / Debit cards.
PetSmart and Petco Seneca:
Some of our adoptable cats are available at PetSmart and Petco in Seneca and this location is noted in the cat’s website profile.